8 Summer Foods and Their Benefits
Thanda thanda cool cool…. !!
If we talk about Summer Momsters, does it remind you of few foods ?
Yes, everyone does… but, how do they help us, these points we have tried to explain in this article… Please have a look 🙂
Treats dehydration, reduces bloating, aids digestion and prevents UTI. Good for pregnant ladies and kids from 1 year old onwards.
Buttermilk is the best drink during summer for both pregnant ladies as well as kids of all age groups starting from 1 and a half years.
- It helps to remove your tiredness.
- Strengthens the bone.
- Boost the immune system.
Melons are abundantly available in the summers and have a high % of water content, which helps in cooling and hydrating.
Musk melon loaded with many nutrients,
- it controls blood pressure.
- strengthens eyes
- they are low in cholesterol
- boosts immunity
- treats ulcer
- relieves constipation in both pregnant ladies and kids.
- they have high folate content which prevents water retention by removing excess sodium from the body.
Keeps your body hydrated, it can improve your cardiovascular health, protect your eyes and immune system.
It is an amazing treat during summer, it prevents dehydration, prevents constipation.
Avoid cucumber – if you are allergic to it.
Do not eat in excessive amounts, do not consume during night time.
Not recommended for children during winter.
Mint: is a great addition to water, it provides a cooling effect. You can add it to water and consume it.
Ice-apple / palm fruit / nungu:
Palm fruit is an amazing summer fruit; it contains Vitamins A, B-complex, and C.
- It gives a cooling effect to the body.
- Rich in minerals such as potassium, iron, calcium, phosphorus, and zinc are found in the fruit.
- Palm fruit improves breast milk.
- Removes constipation.
- It has been used in the treatment of nausea and vomiting and also worm infestation.
- Good for kids from 2+ years onwards.
Note: Always choose soft jelly, if jelly is hard to avoid it to consume.
Barley water: It helps to reduce heat produced in pregnant women and also it treats urinary tract infection. And it also helps in detoxifying the body naturally and promotes a healthy digestive system.
This water can also be fed to babies from 2 years old.
Note: Do not drink barley water during winter or at night time. The best time to drink in the afternoon.
For the recipe of barley water, please refer the link https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/barley-water/ thank you Swasthi for the healthy recipe.