Great, so you have been through our articles and now you are here to know the “how” part about the benefits of breastfeeding for both Mother and the kid.
Till now, the most common sentence we would have heard is “Breastfeeding is good for kids, Breastfeeding is very important for kids, etc” But, it is very rare to hear that you should breastfeed because it is important and very advantageous for you too, Mommy !!
Go through our article and let us know if you knew these points or not !! 🙂
Benefits of breastfeeding for the mother are:
- It decreases the risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
- Prevents postpartum depression.
- Breastfeed can help bond with her child.
- It helps your body to get back to its pre-pregnancy state. (I reduced 8 kg).
- It also helps the uterus to get back to its original size.
- Breastfeeding delays the return of normal ovulation & menstrual cycles.
(However, for safer side talk to a doctor regarding birth control choices).
- Breastfeeding helps to relax at night. You do not have to use formula feed to measure and mix, there are no bottles to warm in the middle of the night when your baby cries out of hunger!
You can soothe your baby immediately by providing your breastmilk.
Benefits of Breastfeeding for the babies are:
- Mother’s milk helps in better development of sensory and cognitive abilities, leading to better IQ.
- Rich in vitamin and antibiotics, which helps the baby in protection from infection and give them better immunity.
- Reduces incidences of hypertension, diabetes mellitus, and obesity.
- Formula feed irritates your baby intestines, but breastmilk is easily digested.
“Hence breastfeeding is best for the overall health of the baby”
Very precisely all points are covered. I hope you might have got more motivation and positive energy to breastfeed your kid.
Happy Breastfeeding !! 🙂