Hi, I am 3 months pregnant, still i have morning sickness. Please let me know some remedy.
Morning sickness has a range of symptoms that can be mild or severe. These may include nausea, vomiting, tiredness, headaches, lightheadedness and weight loss.
Most symptoms start around six weeks after your last period and stop by the 14th week of pregnancy.
A few women find that these symptoms continue beyond this time and rarely it may last for the whole pregnancy.
morning sickness is a sign of a healthy pregnancy.
What causes nausea and vomiting during pregnancy?
It is because many physical changes taking place in your body.
During pregnancy raise in levels of the hormone – human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) contributes to nausea.
Estrogen and other hormones play a role as well.
*Is there anything I can do to help with morning sickness?*
• Eat small meals throughout the day, so that you are never too hungry or too full.
• Avoid rich, fatty or spicy foods.
• Avoid foods with smells that bother you. ( dal smell bothered me a lot).
• Eat protein, carbohydrates and vitamin rich food.
• Keep a light snack such as a biscuit in your bag.
Avoid brushing your teeth immediately after eating.
• Have lots to drink, be well hydrated, but avoid caffeine/ coffee and beverages.
• Get plenty of fresh air.
• Try to relax and avoid stress.
• If you are producing too much saliva, sip fresh lime juice.
• Try to drink ginger milk occasionally. ( do not take on daily basis).
• Vitamin B6 may be helpful if you have early morning sickness. Speak to your doctor regarding supplement.
You should compulsorily take calcium and vitamin supplement.
Include in your diet, dark green leafy vegetables, beans, lentils, chickpeas, nuts and beetroot,take plenty of pomegranate directly, do not juice it.
also consume apple, which helps to avoid vomit sensation.
If you cannot eat anything for breakfast, then prepare sweetened ragi cerey with added milk , badam powder and so on, that tastes great and healthy too.
per day consume 3 apple and 1 pomegranate. No juice. consume directly.