I have tried to cover all the points about Breastfeeding. If you need any other topic to be posted, please do post the name of the topic in the comment box.
I believe you have gone through the other three articles about breastfeeding which explains about breastfeeding, benefits of breastfeeding for both mom and baby and Natural ways to increase breastmilk.
There are few tips which will be helpful to know. They are as follows :
- Good latch allows your body to produce the hormone prolactin, which is responsible for milk production. Make sure you are holding your baby in the correct position, try offering by sitting upright with your back supported and raise the child level using a pillow. Mom can also try C shape pillow for feeding on the lap.
- Holding your baby in the correct position will avoid trapping of gas in baby tummy.
- Do not give cow’s milk to your baby till they turn 1 year old, because its protein is very difficult to digest by the little kidney.
- No for bottle feed, bottle nipples are suspected for lots of infection as well as the gas filled in the bottle leads to stomach upset for the little wonders.
- Don’t think you can’t breastfeed if you go back to work. Many mothers expressing the milk using a variety of breast pumps available in the market and feed with sterilized bowl-spoon.
- To check whether the infant got sufficient breast milk, just observe per day how many times they wet their cloth. During day time better don’t use a diaper, the cloth is the best way to check.
If the child passes 6 to 8 wet diaper then that should be enough.
You can reassure the weight gain for every vaccination visit.
These tips are to help you with a few more unsaid suggestions that are ignored or unknown but are very important.
Happy Breastfeeding! 🙂
Hi Momsters, 👋
I hope you would have given your best to breastfeed your baby 👍😊 There are lots of benefits of breastfeeding for both mom and the kid. (refer our article)
Many of the new moms have gone through a stressful situation and as a result, their Breastmilk supply decreased over a period of time.
But, the good news is that there are various natural ways to increase Breastfeed milk .!! Have a look… 😃
Methods to increase breastmilk naturally
- Keep yourself Stress-free☺️
Stress plays an important role in decreasing breastmilk (BM). Hence find a way to take rest, nap with baby. Try to assign housework to other members during your nap.
- Regular suckling by the baby🤱
Breastfeed your baby every 2 hours once for 6 months, feed on one side for 10 mins then shift to another breast, total spend 20 mins of time. Longer your baby nurses at your breast the more milk will be produced. This is the single most important way to increase your milk production.
- Stay hydrated🥛🥛
Take plenty of oral liquids including water, juice, and milk.🥤🥤
Cow Milk: It contains calcium which boosts milk production, drinks 1 glass of milk morning and before bedtime.
[Limit drinks that contain caffeine like coffee, soda. Too much intake of caffeine can cause irritability to your baby and also it can interfere with your baby’s sleep.]
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-gracecum)
These seeds promotes galactogogue to increase milk supply. It is completely safe for breastfeeding mom and their baby.
(However, the asthma patient is not recommended to consume.) You can just swallow 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds 2 times for 5 days.
- Dill leaves + Garlic cloves
It is rich in fiber, vitamin K, iron, and antioxidants which promotes enough BM and easy to digest. Garlic cloves stimulate lactation (galactagogue). Cook dill leaves with 10 pieces of garlic cloves, consume medium quantity in the morning and night for 3 days.
- Mutton and Salmon
For non-vegetarian eat mutton thrice a week which boost BM.
Salmon is rich in omega-3, it also helps to boost lactation.
It is rich in fiber, thiamine, vitamins, and magnesium, thus helps in promoting milk supply.
It contains iron, folic acid, vitamins which is beneficial for both mom and baby.
Almonds are rich in calories, vitamins & minerals which boost BM. Just soak the 5 almonds overnight & morning grind, mix with milk and drink it.
Please take a tour of your kitchen once. You will find most of the items in the kitchen. If not found, it can be bought. Readily available in the market.
Do you know any other method to increase the Breastmilk supply naturally? Please do share in the comment box below.
Great, so you have been through our articles and now you are here to know the “how” part about the benefits of breastfeeding for both Mother and the kid.
Till now, the most common sentence we would have heard is “Breastfeeding is good for kids, Breastfeeding is very important for kids, etc” But, it is very rare to hear that you should breastfeed because it is important and very advantageous for you too, Mommy !!
Go through our article and let us know if you knew these points or not !! 🙂
Benefits of breastfeeding for the mother are:
- It decreases the risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
- Prevents postpartum depression.
- Breastfeed can help bond with her child.
- It helps your body to get back to its pre-pregnancy state. (I reduced 8 kg).
- It also helps the uterus to get back to its original size.
- Breastfeeding delays the return of normal ovulation & menstrual cycles.
(However, for safer side talk to a doctor regarding birth control choices).
- Breastfeeding helps to relax at night. You do not have to use formula feed to measure and mix, there are no bottles to warm in the middle of the night when your baby cries out of hunger!
You can soothe your baby immediately by providing your breastmilk.
Benefits of Breastfeeding for the babies are:
- Mother’s milk helps in better development of sensory and cognitive abilities, leading to better IQ.
- Rich in vitamin and antibiotics, which helps the baby in protection from infection and give them better immunity.
- Reduces incidences of hypertension, diabetes mellitus, and obesity.
- Formula feed irritates your baby intestines, but breastmilk is easily digested.
“Hence breastfeeding is best for the overall health of the baby”
Very precisely all points are covered. I hope you might have got more motivation and positive energy to breastfeed your kid.
Happy Breastfeeding !! 🙂
To know more about breastfeeding refer our articles about Breastfeeding and the natural ways to increase breastmilk (in case you require).
Hearty congratulations Momsters on entering into the Motherhood world.
If you are reading this article that means you need suggestions or insight about breastfeeding.
You might be feeling guilty, sad or hopeless if you are not able to breastfeed your baby. You might be thinking something has gone wrong with you. Many doubts haunt the mind and eventually turn the thought into negative emotions.
But. we will say… Don’t you worry Momster. It is not new or any doubtful situation. All new mom has to go through a lot of new experiences, one among that is breastfeeding. Our momster community will help you with your further doubts on our Question Answer forum
There is a lack of awareness regarding exclusive breastfeeding, and the diet to be followed during this period.
I know it’s a tough time, because lots of suggestion and instruction by many people, you will be in a state of confusion now.
First of all, a breastfeeding mom relax, your stress plays an important role in decreasing breast milk (BM)
“The only mammals who use a top feed to their babies are human beings”
“Breastfeeding of an infant for the first 6 months is compulsory”, there is no need for additional food or water during these 6 months.
Don’t stop trying..! There are various methods to increase milk naturally. That will be discussed in the next article.
also, do not forget to check our Breastfeeding Archives
Stay happy, stay motivated.
Happy Breastfeeding. 🤱