How many times should Children drink milk in a day? What are the Benefits and disadvantages of drinking milk?
Dear Moms the above questions flash in the mind of every parent. Let us help you with the proper details.
According to my research, Children (Age group – above 2 years) should consume 2 cups of whole milk per day; that is morning when they wake up – one cup and evening between 4.30 – 5.30 PM.
Children who drink milk more than 3 cups per day often have a very limited intake of solid foods, which ultimately leads to an imbalance in nutrition and they fall anemic.
Note: Do not give cow milk or buffalo milk till 1 year; they feel hard to digest this milk. From birth to till 12 months strictly follow breast milk or formula milk. And avoid bottle feeding, the bottle is the root cause of infection because the microorganisms may stick on the neck and teat of the bottle and these microorganisms transmit to the infant. (Feeding bottles require perfect sterilization and regular cleaning.)
Pediatricians generally do not recommend bottles instead they advise giving top milk with the help of a cup and spoon.
And my personal suggestion is to adopt our elder’s method of feeding top milk i.e. our Indian feeding device, the Paladai.
Benefits of 2 cups of milk per day:
- Milk is a wholesome drink packed with essential nutrients like calcium, riboflavin, phosphorous, potassium, Vitamins A, and B12.
- Milk helps us to maintain normal vision, increases red blood cell count, supplies proteins for body repair, builds healthy bone & teeth, may prevent bone fractures, and help to maintain a healthy weight.
The disadvantage of drinking milk more than 3 cups:
- Imbalance in nutrition (Nutritional deficiency).
- Vomiting after eating solid food.
- Stomach pain.
- Loss of interest in solid foods.
Dear MoMsters hope this post might have helped in some way to say bye-bye to your confusion, kindly follow our tips, and have happy parenting. 🙂[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]