Dear New Mom\’s generally after child birth women required extra care.
Preserve your body heat.
Post delivery, women are requested to cover their head with scarf the whole day according to Indian tradition. This is because generally the body heat is lost primarily, covering your head is believed to keep you warm and protect you from unnecessary cold.
Keep yourself Stress-free.️
Stress plays an important role in decreasing breastmilk (BM). Hence find a way to take rest, nap with baby. Try to assign housework to other members during your nap.
During this period your digestive system will be very sensitive, hence proper diet plan should be maintained.
Always prefer fresh food and avoid leftover food.
The new mother is advised to eat on time and not too much or too little.
- At first take plenty of oral liquids including water, juice, and milk.
Milk contains calcium which boosts milk production, drink 1 glass of milk morning and before bedtime.
*[Limit drinks that contain caffeine like coffee, soda. Too much intake of caffeine can cause irritability to your baby and also it can interfere with your baby’s sleep.]*
- Cook dill leaves with 10 pieces of garlic cloves, consume medium quantity in the morning and night for 3 days.It is rich in fiber, vitamin K, iron, and antioxidants which promotes enough BM and easy to digest. Garlic cloves stimulate lactation (galactagogue).
- For non-vegetarian eat mutton thrice a week which boost BM.
Among fish you can go for Salmon which is rich in omega-3, it also helps to boost lactation.
- take spinach noon time it contains iron, folic acid, vitamins which is beneficial for both mom and baby.
- Soak 5 almonds overnight & morning grind it, mix with milk and drink. Almonds are rich in calories, vitamins & minerals which boost BM.
- take iron rich foods like pulses and legumes, green leafy vegetables, red meat, beetroot,
- for vitamin D – exposure to morning sunlight will help, because during delivery mom would have lost calcium and vitamin. Till 6 month, doctor would have given calcium and vitamin supplements , continue the same.
- Do not skip breakfast.
- Avoid oily food, spicy and junk food like chips, chocolates, cakes and soft drinks, also avoid gassy veggies like cabbage, potatoes and cauliflower for the first three weeks after childbirth, as they disturb the digestive system.
- Among Fruits: any fruits which doesn\’t trigger cold. You can take apple, melons, small banana, papaya etc.
Avoid foods which cause indigestion, it depends on individual, check and go accordingly.
Take care dear MoMsters and follow our tips, stay healthy.