we know many of you come across the term tonsils and also looking for safe home remedies for your little wonders.
Here we go, what is tonsil? And how to manage?
Tonsils are part of the lymphatic system which helps to fight infection by filtering bacteria and viruses from the air and food, but sometimes the tonsils itself get infected which leads to tonsillitis.
Tonsils can become enlarged because they become infected with a virus or bacteria that cause throat infections. In addition, allergies such as seasonal allergies, dust, pollen grains also can cause the tonsils to enlarge.
Usually, tonsils return to normal size once the infection is over, so don\’t worry…
But sometimes they remain enlarged, particularly in children who have chronic infections.
What are the Symptoms?
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Bad breath
- Runny nose
- Swelling of lymph nodes
- Start giving your child– Turmeric milk at night or early morning, which works like a magic.
Take half spoon of turmeric powder, ¼ teaspoon powdered black pepper and half a teaspoon of palm sugar in a glass of warm milk. Give this drink to your child before they go to bed or early morning. (Turmeric is a natural antibiotic…)
- Ginger milk with honey helps to get rid of throat pain and inflammation. (Honey is rich in antioxidants)
Preparation: Boil half –inch grated ginger with a cup of water, get the ginger extract and mix with warm milk with a drop of honey. You can give this remedy early morning, the child may even feel hungry because of ginger effect.
- You can also try this –Squeeze ½ a lemon into a glass of warm water also add 1 tbsp honey and pinch of salt. Mix well, let the child drink this mixture 2 times a day.
- Teach your child to gargle with a salt water solution twice every day.
- Make sure the child consumes sufficient water (preferably warm water) to prevent dehydration
- Humidifier or steam inhalation will help to relieve the sore throat.
- Give Vitamin C rich food, which helps to fight the microorganism.
Try all the above mentioned remedies.
- Avoid crowded place
- Keep home dust free.
- Maintain hygiene.
- Take a good care so that baby should not suffer from severe cold, cold will trigger throat pain.
If doctor prescribes antibiotics, then use it. Antibiotic helps to remove bacterial infection.
And also help your child to take the antibiotic exactly as directed and follow the same timing schedule for medication. This helps clear up symptoms quickly.
Even if your child feels better please complete antibiotic course as directed by doctor. I\’m saying this because irregular medication leads to welcoming back the infection again.
Things to remember- For few days
- Avoid spicy food.
- Do not give junk food and chocolates.
- Avoid cold water, chilled juices, ice creams, curd and buttermilk.
- Give warm water for drinking
- Give freshly made food.
- Give liquid type food, which helps who have difficulty in swallowing.
And dear MoMsters if child has high fever and feeling very uncomfortable please consult doctor.
After recovery give your child a new toothbrush so that previous infection should not pass.
Hoping for speedy recovery. Take care.
If any doubts or needed more clarification, kindly leave a comment.